I have been toying with the idea of making a bigger sized coloring page other than the Coloring Tag Book and went ahead last Friday. I thought of using a few stamps, a watercolor and a colored pencil set. So I got my moleskine sketchbook and impressed the pattern of my number stamp using different colors of archival ink. Next I got my only set of flower stamps and randomly stamped onto the page with black archival ink. I love the simple layering created by two stamped images.
Then I got my set of 24 watercolour sticks (derwent aquatone) and a water brush and colored on the flowers. The next image is a different kind of flower as I forgot to take photos of the step by step I did with the flower above.
Next step was to get all the colored pencils I have and select a color darker than my watercolor base to create an outline within. After this step, this is where the real fun begun for me. Shading came next using a cotton bud with baby oil.
I did these steps with all the flowers in my sketchbook page. To add more interest at the background I scribbled around using a pigma micron 0.1 and used the pencils to color them.
I love everything in this page and how my vision turned into reality. I will devote the remaining pages of my sketchbook for my coloring book craze and see where it will take me.